We are seeking two experienced professionals to undertake arboricultural activities within Moreton Bay Regional Council’s public open space network.
About the organisation:
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 425,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
We’re looking for Tradesperson Arborists to join our Asset Maintenance department. The Asset Maintenance department is responsible for the maintenance and renewal of Council’s assets throughout the region. The areas of responsibility are primarily Roads and Drains, Parks, Cleansing, Construction, Fleet and Building and Facilities infrastructure. The Asset Maintenance department is one of the largest departments within Council, maintaining essential community infrastructure across the Moreton Bay region.
About the opportunity:
We have some of Queensland BEST natural scapes, gardens and parks and we have an opportunity for you to take it all on - the Arboricultural services that is. As an Arborists with the Moreton Bay Regional Council team, you’ll get to work with a great crew and have variety in your work. From project delivery, assessing trees and making recommendations on tree health as well as risks and proposed maintenance, to working at heights to carry out Arboricultural work, and providing technical advice and guidance within the team.
We have roles based out of both Caboolture and Burpengary. If you’re interested in the Burpengary location your core roll will be operating an 18 metre Elevating Work Platform (EWP) within our regional areas (assisting every crew regionally for EWP works) and communicating with multiple tree crews.
You’re a tree person. You’re an Arborist and you love what you do.
Aside from your desire to work in the great outdoors, have a work life balance (working a 9 day fortnight) and contribute to your community within the Moreton Bay Region - we’ll need you to be a qualified and experienced Arborist Tradesperson. You’re the type that understands two things get the job done - safe work practices and teamwork and we are the type of employer that will provide you with this.
Additionally you’ll have:
• Certificate 3 in Arboriculture or other relevant field
• Current MR drivers license, current high risk work license to operate a boom type elevating work platform (EWP,) a construction induction card and a current agricultural chemicals distribution control (ACDC) certification
• Certificate of competency operating a chainsaw (level 1 & 2)
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government
Industry Award (Stream B) - Level 5 of the
Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4
Location: 1 x position Burpengary and 1 x
• $58,707 pa + super (76 hour
fortnight) + leave loading
• 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
• Discounted Health Insurance.
• We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research
• Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
• Applicants will be required to undergo a physical and hearing assessment with an independent professional nominated by MBRC as part of the recruitment process for this role as well as a National Police History Check.
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has depots located at Arana Hills, Bribie Island, Burpengary, Dayboro, Deception Bay, Caboolture, Margate, Petrie, Samford, Woodford and a range of other facilities located
throughout the region.
How to Apply:
Using the link supplied - https://careers.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/cw/en/job/497226/tradesperson-arborist
Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
To obtain further details please contact council's Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Listing